Here is a great recipe from the wonderful
TastyBG blog for a healthier alternative baked eggplant with tomatoes recipe where we bake instead of deep-frying the eggplant. The origin of this delicious vegan appetizer is from Greece.
For more delicious recipes don’t forget to check out
TastyBG amazing recipe blog. Print
clock clock icon cutlery cutlery icon flag flag icon folder folder icon instagram instagram icon pinterest pinterest icon facebook facebook icon print print icon squares squares icon heart heart icon heart solid heart solid icon
This is a simple and delicious meal of baked eggplant with tomatoes and garlic.
1. On a cutting board, slice the eggplant into long pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and add the eggplant slices in the baking pan and cover with the tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with salt, seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle on top with 1-2 tablespoons of water.
7. Continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
You can improvise and sprinkle whole-wheat breadcrumbs to get a little more crunchy taste.
Please let us know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag
@freshmart_madison or @tastybg_on Instagram and hashtag it #tastybg and #freshmartmadison.